A detection range that's wider than ever. With a wide range that covers A0 (27.50 Hz) - C8 (4186.01Hz), you can tune a variety of instruments with the CA-40, including wind, string, and keyboard instruments. The pitch and range are detected quickly and accurately. You can use the built-in high-sensitivity microphone to detect the pitch of an acoustic instrument without requiring any other equipment. Alternatively, you can use the separately sold CM-100 contact microphone to send the vibration of the instrument directly to the tuner, so that you can tune accurately without worrying about other sounds in the environment. An output jack (bypass) has been added, making it easy to check the tuning even while you perform.
Conveniently thin and compact
The pocket-sized CA-40 features a refined design with a stand on the back that lets you place the tuner on any surface.
Large high-precision LCD meter
The CA-40's display has been enlarged for even better visibility. In addition to providing both the accuracy of an LCD and the easy viewing of a needle-style meter, red and green LEDs are also provided to indicate pitch deviations, making tuning smooth and easy.
Sound Out function produces a reference tone from the internal speaker
In addition to letting you tune visually using the meter, the CA-40 provides a Sound Out function that plays a reference tone through the internal speaker, letting you tune by ear. You can adjust the reference tone in semitone steps over a range of C4 through C5 (one octave) to accommodate a variety of instruments. Since the reference tone you specify is remembered, it's easy to sound it again whenever you need to.
The Calibration function lets you adjust the pitch in 1 Hz steps over a range of 410 - 480 Hz in order to accommodate a variety of concert pitches, giving you the flexibility to tune accurately to any song or key. There's also a memory backup function that preserves the Calibration setting and Sound Out settings even when you turn off the power.
Auto Power Off function
The Auto Power Off function automatically turns the power off after the unit has been left on for twenty minutes, preventing the batteries from running down needlessly.
Approximately 85 hours of continuous use
The CA-40 is designed for long battery life, and allows approximately 85 hours of continuous use (continuous A4 input, Meter mode, zinc-carbon batteries).
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Detection Range: A0 (27.50 Hz) – C8 (4186.01 Hz): for a sine wave
- Reference Tone: C4 (261.63 Hz) – C5 (523.25 Hz): 1 octave
- Tuning Modes: Meter mode (AUTO),Sound Out mode (MANUAL)
- Calibration Range: A4=410 Hz – 480 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Accuracy: Detection: +/- 1 cents or better, Tone: +/- 1.5 cents or better
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4" monaural phone jack)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life: Approximately 85 hours (Meter mode, continuous A4 input, zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions: 100 (W) x 67 (D) x 17 (H) mm
- Weight: 0.19 lbs. (88 g) (Including batteries)
- Included Items: Two AAA batteries for verifying operation