Korg's new PANDORA PX5D multi-effects processor for guitar is a pocket-sized unit packed with hundreds of realistic modeling effects and versatile functions
The PX5D guitar multi-effects processor is the first in Korg's
PANDORA series to provide a USB/audio interface for direct
connection to your desktop or laptop computer. The versatile new unit
can be used in conjunction with your audio sequencer software - or the bundled Ableton Live Lite 6 Korg Edition recording software - to make multi-track recordings of CD quality.
As with all PANDORA devices, you get a multitude of effects. These include: 180 variations of classic and cutting-edge guitar amps, bass amps, cabinets plus classic and new effects; 200 multi-effect programs (100 user/100 preset); 744 rhythm and bass patterns; a Phrase
Trainer function (maximum 80 seconds); a built-in tuner.
Korg has made it easy for you to quickly build up tracks by creating chains of rhythm and bass patterns and specifying the chord changes for them. You can also store your favourite effects programs in
four banks, and switch between them with a single touch. Alternatively, you can jam along with an external audio source such as a CD, MD or MP3 player – just input it via the AUX jack or USB connector and
the PX5D will help you to transpose the key and/or cancel the bass.
The PX5D's realistic and wide-ranging effects come to you via Korg's proprietary REMS modelling technology. Included are simulations that recreate classic vintage and modern bass and guitar amplifiers (18 for guitar amps and 10 for bass) as well as a host of effects – some familiar
and some unique to PANDORA. Numerous effects designed specifically
for bass are also included. You can combine cabinets and speakers freely
with any amp models. There are also synth effects with which you can create unique and fresh new sounds - there are three choices each for guitar and bass.
Add to all this features such as pickup modeling, an intelligent pitch shifter, a talk effect that makes your guitar 'speak' and a great variable-speed rotary speaker effect and you can see why the KORG PANDORA PX5D is set to become the most desirable must-have guitar gadget since KORG invented the very first PANDORA PX1 personal effects unit.
- EFFECTS: 180 types (up to 7 available simultaneously)
- NUMBER OF PROGRAMS: 100 user, 100 preset
- INPUTS: Guitar input (1/4" jack), AUX (mini stereo jack)
- OUTPUT Line/headphone dualpurpose output (Stereo jack)
- CONTROL FOOTSW jack, USB connector
- RHYTHM SECTION: Patterns 128, Tempo 40–240 bpm
- POWER SUPPLY: Two AA alkaline batteries: Allows 7 hours of continuous use (backlight OFF) Allows 5 hours of continuous use (backlight ON)
- USB bus-powered (when using the USB connector)
- Separately sold AC adapter (DC4.5V)
- DIMENSIONS 118(W) x 75(D) x 20(H)mm /4.65" x 2.95" x 0.79"